Ductless Installation Options
Most heating and cooling systems use a system of ductwork to deliver conditioned air. Ductwork is usually installed while a building is being built. However, it’s a very different situation when a new heating and cooling system needs to be installed in a home without ductwork. Often, retrofitting ductwork is not an option due to space constraints. These issues can be resolved using ductless equipment. Additional uses for ductless mini-split and multi-split systems include:
- Converting attics or garages into living spaces
- Additions to homes
- Historic homes or houses with unusual layouts
How Does a Ductless AC System Work?
Just like with a central heat pump, ductless systems have an indoor and an outdoor component. Each outdoor unit connects to one or more air handlers via a rubber tubing conduit. You can use ductless multi-splits, or systems with more than one air handler, to cool and heat multiple zones in your home or office building. You also have better control of these areas since each air handler can have its own thermostat to maintain different temperatures.
Ductless AC Systems Offer Many Benefits
Although ductless units have been around for a while, they’ve been gaining popularity in recent years for these reasons:
- Energy Efficiency: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER rating, can be as high as 24. Additionally, ductless heat pumps are 30 percent more efficient than portable air conditioners.
- Air Purification: Each unit has its high-efficiency filter, so impurities and allergens in the air are caught in the filter, providing the space with healthy indoor air
- Easy Installation: Installation is easily accomplished in a few short hours, with one small hole needed to connect the refrigeration line to the indoor and outdoor components.
We’re Your Ductless Installation and Service Experts
To learn more about your ductless heating and cooling options, contact our experts today. We’ll be glad to answer any questions you might have. At Bream’s Heating and Cooling Solutions, we take great pride in offering honest, fair, and transparent HVAC services. We always provide upfront, flat-rate pricing and we guarantee the quality of our work.
As a family-owned and operated AC service, we’re dedicated to building strong relationships with all our clients by treating them like family. Give us a call for a free estimate or for 24-hour emergency repair services.